Shilton Sharpe Quarry (SSQ), the leading international legal search and recruitment consultancy, is pleased to announce it has grown its teams in London, Dubai, Beijing and Hong Kong. The business has hired Elliot Jackson and Anna Cox in London, Jonathan Warmington in Dubai, Betty Chen in Beijing and Christy Yeung in Hong Kong.
• Elliot Jackson previously practised as a corporate lawyer in the corporate real estate team of a leading US law firm. He has joined the private practice team to work with law firms across London, helping them to hire associates at all levels of seniority and grow their teams across all practice areas.
• Anna Cox joins SSQ’s interims business, SSQ Interim Solutions, from another leading recruitment consultancy. She has extensive experience of the interim legal recruitment market and will focus on recruiting interim lawyers at all levels within private practice.
• Jonathan Warmington joins SSQ in Dubai. He brings with him over 16 years’ legal recruitment experience and over ten years in the Middle East. He knows and understands the Middle East recruitment industry, within both private practice and in-house, and will focus on placing lawyers from newly qualified to partner and General Counsel across these markets.
• Betty Chen has over nine years’ experience in legal search and recruitment and joins SSQ following a number of years of working at another recruitment consultancy. She will be responsible for helping SSQ to grow its private practice recruitment offering across China.
• Christy Yeung is another experienced hire for SSQ. She previously worked for a well known recruitment consultancy in Hong Kong and joins SSQ’s Hong Kong office to focus on associate level recruitment for the leading UK and US law firms in the city.
These hires once again showcase SSQ’s commitment to its global business, continuing its drive to be a top quality “one stop shop” for law firms and businesses recruiting internationally. SSQ offers its clients access to a network of offices with local knowledge and language skills which is like no other legal recruitment consultancy.
Speaking about the new hires, SSQ’s Chief Executive, Nick Shilton said:
“We continue to grow our teams globally. Our international network across the UK, continental Europe, the Middle East and Asia really sets SSQ apart. Therefore in order for us to enhance our leading position in the legal search and recruitment market it is important for us to grow our teams with the right people who can help to support our clients and candidates on the ground. Anna, Elliot, Jonathan, Betty and Christy are strong additions to our various teams and we look forward to them contributing to SSQ’s success.”
Notes to editors
Shilton Sharpe Quarry (‘SSQ’) is a leading international legal advisory, business services and search consultancy. Founded in 2003, SSQ has now grown to over 120 staff. It has a unique geographic footprint with offices in London, Düsseldorf, Frankfurt, Munich, Paris, Madrid, Milan, Rome, Dubai, Hong Kong, Beijing, Shanghai and Singapore, with additional coverage in the MENA and CIS/CEE regions, as well as the USA, Australasia, South Africa, Switzerland and Austria.
SSQ operates a global business and with consultants in multiple jurisdictions it has access to local and international talent, as well as an in-depth understanding of each local market.
SSQ recruits across the private practice and in-house markets, dealing with roles at all levels of seniority, from newly qualified and associate to senior partner and senior/global legal counsel.
The SSQ Interim Solutions team also works within private practice and in-house, placing lawyers of all levels into interim, contract and temporary positions. They also place other non-qualified legal professionals on a permanent, contract or temporary basis.
For more information please contact:
Amber Boniface, Marketing Manager, T: +44 (0)207 187 7400/M: +44 (0)75 3491 1514