Hiring your first lawyer
Making the decision to hire the first lawyer into your business is a momentous one. External legal spend has probably increased and as your business becomes more complex, the hiring of a dedicated legal resource becomes a natural next step.
We work with our clients to understand what it is they really require. We take into account both executive management’s expectations and operational demands against the background of the sector in which the client operates and their transactional pipeline. In this way, we can provide advice as to the level of the hire and the ideal experience of the appointee.
Lawyers, whether coming from another in-house environment, be it a direct competitor or not, or straight from private practice have a track record of success in transitioning into first ever in-house legal roles. We encourage our clients to be open-minded and to find the right person who fits into the culture and direction of the organisation.
Our track record
- Financial services
- Head counsel Germany, well-established FinTech company
- Commerce & industry
- Head counsel D-A-CH, global medical devices company
- Legal counsel EMEA; US chemical company
- Legal counsel IT/IP; leading company in the publishing sector
- Real estate counsel, leading Swiss property developer