Counsel - 3+PQE - Paris
Our client is a global industrial company, leader in manufacturing advanced industrial technology. The group is looking for a Counsel to join the European legal team based in Paris, France.
The Counsel role provides dedicated legal support to all businesses in Europe, with a principal focus on commercial legal matters in the UK. The role also partners closely with other subject matter experts in the Legal Department to provide legal support for a wide variety of commercial and regulatory matters.
- Proactively engage with operating business to provide practical legal support as a trusted business partner.
- Expertly prepare, review and negotiate a wide range of commercial contracts, including agreements with customers, suppliers, distributors & sales representatives, non-disclosure agreements and other types of commercial contracts.
- Provide legal training to business teams on critical contract terms, negotiating strategies and related legal and commercial issues.
- Partner closely with other members of the Legal Department to provide legal and strategic business advice to operating leaders on a wide variety of commercial matters, including competition, sales rep & distributor issues, customer & supplier insolvencies, marketing & advertising strategies, protection of proprietary information and initial counseling on pre-litigation contract disputes.
- Identify legal risks in ongoing business practices and coordinate seamlessly across relevant matters to obtain input from other subject matter experts within the Legal Department (i.e., Litigation & Compliance, IP, Risk Management, etc.).
Qualifications and Essential Job Functions
- UK law background, with a preference for a commercial background. A strong compliance expertise is also appreciated.
- Fluent English; other European languages appreciated.
- Minimum of 3-year relevant experience on an international environment, preferably with an international law firm.
- Openness to manage broad range of legal areas such as commercial contracts, dispute resolution, and compliance.
- Strong experience drafting, reviewing and negotiating a variety of commercial agreements.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, in particular practical and simple communication.
- Have adequate international experience to handle legal matters involving multiple jurisdictions.
- Self-starter who is collegial, flexible and able to multi-task while working in a fast paced and demanding global team environment providing timely responses to meet expectations of supported persons and business units.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving with the ability to think creatively with a sense of urgency.
- Solid interpersonal skills and values collaboration; reaches out to team members and cooperates with the team to establish a collaborative working environment within the global Legal Department.
- Available for travel for in-person consulting and collaboration, training, meetings and other business functions as required by the role.
For further information, please contact Anne Pichon or email your CV to [email protected].