Tax Associate 1-4PQE- Leading US Firm
£95000 - £125000 per annum
This Leading US firm are currently looking for a Tax associate with 1-4PQE who has gained broad experience from a reputable UK/City/US firm to join their team in London.
You will be working directly with the tax partner, but also closely with the growing transactional teams in London. In addition, you will routinely be liaising with members of the US tax practice, as well as advising a range of deal and structuring teams in the US offices (especially Chicago, New York, Washington D.C. and, to a lesser extent, L.A.).
You must be able to (with appropriate partner input/support):
- Draft and negotiate tax aspects of share sale agreement and tax deed
- Draft and negotiate tax aspects of business transfer/sale agreement - including SDLT, VAT and capital allowances aspects on commercial property sales
- Draft ad hoc / bespoke tax provisions in commercial agreements (working with other practice groups where necessary)
- Advise on simple corporate group transactions/reorganisations
- Draft and negotiate tax aspects of common finance documents (LMA etc.)
- Research and advise on cross-border or foreign tax matters as they affect UK and US businesses (including discussing with local counsel)
- Overview of anti-avoidance legislative provisions and cases - sense of HMRC attack
- General overview/operation of VAT rules
For further information, please contact Elliot Jackson on 020 7187 7410. Alternatively, please email your CV to email@example.com.