Hiring your first lawyer
Making the decision to hire the first lawyer into your business is a momentous one. As businesses grown and become more complex, external legal spend naturally increases, making the hiring of a dedicated legal resource the natural next step.
We work with our clients to understand what it is they really require. We take into account both executive management’s expectations and operational demands against the background of the sector in which the client operates and their transactional pipeline. In this way, we can provide advice as to the level of the hire and the ideal experience of the appointee.
Lawyers, whether coming from another in-house environment, be it a direct competitor or not or straight from private practice have a track record of success in transitioning into first ever in-house legal roles. We encourage our clients to be open-minded and to find the right person who fits into the culture and direction of the organisation.
- Head of legal, Italian multinational chemical company
- Sole counsel, UK multinational chemical company
- Sole Senior counsel Italy, engineering international company
- Head of legal Italy, French IT corporation
- Head of legal and compliance Southern Europe, US medical devices corporation
- Head of legal and compliance, UK asset management
- Head of legal Italy, US FMCG corporation